Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cyber Wars and Wall Street

Garrett Reilly is a well respected bond trader on Wall Street. He's a young hot-shot and notices a large sell off of US Treasuries by the Chinese. He analyzes what he's learned and determines that China is starting a cyber war against the United States.

He's contacted by people in Washington. They noticed that he was far ahead of the financial analysists in knowing what was going on with China and they agree with his assessment. They want him to lead a team to strike back against China.

He accepts. However, he comes to realize that some people in Washington are telling him the truth and others have their own agenda.

The story unfolds rapidly and we come to learn of a young rebel in China, Hu Mei, also known as The Tiger. She is a leader of a protest movement there and has many secret followers.

There is good character development as Garrett picks the team of computer analysists and finical experts to work with. He's a scrappy guy and sometimes likes a break where he can get a few drinks in a bar and if a fight develops, he doesn't mind getting involved with that.

Drew Chapman has a talent for writing a good story but it's best if the reader leave their sense of reality behind, as when, only a short while from determining about the possible cyber war, he's having a meeting with the President.  I enjoyed the book and found it a very exciting and interesting read.


3 comments:

Alexia561 said...

Sounds like an interesting read!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Sounds like a rollercoaster ride of a read though not one despite the good characterisation that I can see myself reading any time soon.

Apologies its been a while since my last visit. I know its rather late but if I may I'd like to offer my best wishes for 2014 to you and yours.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the visit, Alexia and Tracy.
I'm glad you enjoyed my review.
Have a great day.
Mike

Currently Reading

Currently Reading
Broken Promise